Q – Quick
In our speedy society, we aim to do as much as we can in as little time as possible; get a quick bite to eat, grab a quick shower, quickly run to the store. However, organizing your home doesn’t sound like a quick thing to do, but it could be…
Here are 5 quick organizing tips:
- 2 minute rule- If something takes 2 minutes or less, do it right away.
- Put a read newspaper in the recycling bin
- Put a dish in the dishwasher
- Hang up a shirt
- Quick purge – if you put on a piece of clothing and it doesn’t look good on you, put it into a bag for donation right away.
- Mail rule – When the mail comes, open it immediately and decide what you need to do with it next…Recycle, file, pay, reply, etc. Then put a sticky on it with that direction.
- Running Errands – Keep all return items in your car, so they’re with you when you happen to be driving by that store. If you have multiple errands, go in order of where they’re located so you’re not driving back and forth across town.
- Basket system – get everyone in the household a basket. When you’re cleaning things up around the house, toss each family members items in their basket and have them put their items away at the end of each day.
See, organizing can also be a quick process! There are many more tips such as these! If you liked my tips, please subscribe to my Tip of the Week newsletter, delivered to your inbox every Monday (no SPAM guarantee!). Just click the Organizing Tip of the Week link on the right side of the page.